Start a new topic

Lyrx for Mac - Features to add....

Hi,

I just started using Lyrx for karaoke on my Mac and I like the interface for the most part. There are a few things I would add though.

#1 - on a given night as a KJ you will have singers in a normal rotation but sometimes they want to come up with friends for duets or whatever. Most KJ's don't want to add the "group" as a new singer...... it burns one of the singers regular spots in the rotation. The new feature that would be awesome to add is when adding a song, still have the main singer field to assign the song to a singer, but have an additional field for other names that are only singing THAT song with the main singer. And when THAT song comes up in the rotation, the Main singer name changes to the Main singer name WITH the additional names that are only singing that song with him/her. This way it only applies to one song and the KJ doesn't have to add a special singer for all the names just for one song. 

#2 - The AutoMix/Filler player list is a cool feature in Lyrx. Its nice to be able to pick a playlist of filler songs to play in between karaoke songs etc. However, it would be even COOLER if you could choose VIDEO files for that Filler playlist so instead of just AUDIO playing as a filler, it could display video with the audio for KJ's that have a projector setup for the audience to view. Right now, Lyrx lets you add a video file to the AutoMix/Filler list but it only plays the audio from that video file, not the video. With this new feature, its more like a karaoke/video dance party type deal. Pretty please.......

Liking it so far....

Mike

Login or Signup to post a comment